Pharmacist-in-Charge is needed to perform the following duties:
- Manage pharmacy operations and achieve pharmacy business objectives by increasing sales and gross margins.
- Comply with all federal laws and state regulations related to prescription filling procedures.
- Check prescriptions for appropriate dosage, drug interactions, allergies, and contra-indications before dispensing medications.
- Effectively prioritize tasks and organize workflow to increase efficiency.
- Communicate regularly with physicians, nurses, insurance companies and managed care organizations.
- Supervise Pharmacy Technicians, Interns, and Support staff while on duty.
- Conduct routine inspections of medication storage locations, regularly stock shelves, rotate stock and check for expired medications.
- Implemented standard procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Complete cycle counts, Hand count control medications and will-call procedures.
- Correctly complete pharmacy paperwork, including daily and weekly reports.
- Provide patient-oriented and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care.
- Recommended appropriate clinical programs such as immunization, MTM (Medication Therapy Management) and DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist).
- Bachelor Degree is required in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science or Pharmaceutics.